Job ref number: LON10055
Responsible for supporting the Motion GFX and VFX production pipelines with any hardware and software requirements, accompanying plugins, and the render farm, you will be part of a team working with the latest, high performance technology in a constantly evolving environment with a diverse set of workflows.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Working with the System Administrator, you will be the first point of contact for the departments IT related issues.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve issues, and escalate if required in a timely manner.
- Help with monitoring server, network and storage resources on a daily basis.
- Provision and maintain MacOS and Windows workstations.
- Install software and keep systems up to date.
- Keep track of software licenses and ensure asset tracking register is up to date.
- Help manage users/groups, permissions and file sharing.
- Troubleshoot issues relating to our render farm.
- Help train new staff and staff changing roles on the use of IT hardware, software and systems.
- Assist in the staff onboarding/offboarding process.
- Assist in performing archiving and backups.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- An excellent knowledge of Apple MacOS and Windows.
- An understanding of networks, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, FTP and Active Directory.
- We use a range of creative software packages including Cinema 4D, After Effects, Nuke and Maya, so familiarity with these packages is a plus.
- Deadline rendering management and troubleshooting experience is preferred but not essential.
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical problem solving skills. Able to diagnose and fix hardware faults and software issues.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality, critical work and delivering promptly.
To succeed in the role, you should be enthusiastic, positive, highly motivated, confident, organised and enjoy dealing with a large variety of systems and workflows. You should be excited by new technologies and opportunities and ready to help develop and improve the existing processes and infrastructure. You should be proficient at communicating both problems and solutions to technical and non-technical personnel alike and will bring new processes, technologies and techniques to the studio to improve the running of the facility in the future. The role requires a character that is always calm and willing to multitask and to help sort out problems and issues as they arise daily across the organisation, being flexible with work hours. This is an essential position within the company with lots of opportunity in the role as the company continues to grow.
The role is based in London and you will be required to be qualified to work in the UK
Salary is competitive and dependent on experience.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com