ROLE: VFX Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Creative Director
CONTRACT: Full-time (40 hours/ week)
Reporting to the Creative Director, the VFX Supervisor oversees the visual effects output of the studio, providing technical and artistic leadership for the team while working on feature film and commercials projects.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Measurable track record as a VFX supervisor.
- Extensive professional experience with VFX for feature film, television and a range of projects.
- A strong technical understanding of CG pipelines, with the ability to specify efficient workflows and identify additional tools required.
- Working effectively with technical and artistic colleagues to develop the studio pipeline and to define the pipeline procedure for specific projects.
- Experience developing creative solutions that improve communication, workflow and the production values of VFX projects.
- Experience working closely and effectively with VFX producers and production managers to scope out the resources required for projects.
- Ensuring projects stay on schedule and within budget by operating within agreed parameters and proactively working with artists, producers and other colleagues to communicate any overruns or problems that could jeopardise the schedule or budget.
- Leading teams of all sizes. Giving constructive feedback and inspiring teams to deliver great work.
- Strong artistic and technical leadership skills.
- Working in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines and even stricter creative standards.
- Setting standards and holding teams accountable for achieving these. Developing production methodologies and ensuring consistency.
- Working collaboratively with the Creative Director, Compositing Supervisor and project leads.
- Able to multitask, prioritising competing tasks and requests. Strong organisation skills
- Developing people, their skills and careers.
- Solving problems and continually innovating.
- Comfortable working with a range of clients. Able to develop rapport with clients directly and develop outstanding working relationships with them, delivering work that exceeds clients’ expectations.
- Oversee and creatively manage the output of our VFX projects
- Participate in bids for current and future projects and breaking down scripts.
- Provide on-set supervision, when required.
- Attend dailies and production meetings.
- Work with Creative Director, project lead and Compositing Supervisor to plan creative approaches to upcoming shows.
- Guiding and giving feedback to the VFX team throughout the creative and technical process to deliver a high standard of work on time and within budget.
- Bringing artists and projects back on track when they have strayed from their brief.
- Supervising across multiple projects at once, when needed.
- Presenting to clients
- Receiving and interpreting client feedback.
- Developing and training junior artists and building the VFX team.
Salary based on experience. Immediate start.
YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE & WORK IN THE US
Territory Studio Ltd believes that a diverse workforce makes us a more creative and innovative business. We are committed to providing a workplace that welcomes and respects all people regardless of gender identity, sex, sexuality, disability, race, religion, background or belief. We welcome applications from people who are under-represented in our sector.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org