Territory Studio is looking for a Data IO Assistant, to work on feature film VFX projects on a freelance basis. They will deal with the management of data entering and leaving the company. This is a mission critical role that requires a candidate with relevant technical experience with VFX pipelines.
- ROLE: Data IO Assistant
- REPORTS TO: VFX Supervisor
- LOCATION: London
- CONTRACT: Fixed term contract
• Manage client deliveries (outgoing and incoming), both physical deliveries and digital deliveries.
• Publishing material into the Territory pipeline.
• Monitor ingest and export jobs on the render farm queue system; escalates issues as needed.
• Work with artists to coordinate client delivery deadlines.
• Technical QA of all ingested and exported files.
• Communicate with art directors and VFX supervisors when new material has been ingested.
• Work with pipeline to set up ingest and delivery workflows.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• 2+ years proven production experience in VFX facility.
• Good understanding of film, post production and VFX workflows, pipelines and conventions
• Experience working closely with key VFX staff to see feature film projects through a studio,
meeting internal and external deadlines.
• Effective communication and interaction skills; across multiple teams with excellent written and
oral communication skills.
• Excellent technical understanding, with great attention to detail.
• Ability to interpret tech specs, file formats and materials relative to industry standards and film / broadcast conventions.
• Experience in Asset Management, logging, tracking and referencing of files & media, tech specs and formats.
• Solid understanding of Deadline, or similar render farm management programs.
• Solid understanding of Shotgun, or similar production/shot management programs.
• Solid understanding of video codecs, file formats, frame rates, compression and resolutions.
• Desirable, but not essential skills include Python, Nuke, After Effects, Linux or Mac Terminal
YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE & WORK IN THE UK:
Territory Studio Ltd believes that a diverse workforce makes us a more creative and innovative business. We are committed to providing a workplace that welcomes and respects all people regardless of gender identity, sex, sexuality, disability, race, religion, background or belief. We welcome applications from people who are under-represented in our sector.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org