Territory Studio is a creative specialist with a unique approach to motion design, visual effects and digital experiences. Drawing on deep expertise of narrative design for film, games and brands, we blend creative with technology to create compelling content.
Working across diverse briefs, what ties our work together is a love of craft and creative, a passion for story and a designer’s eye for problem solving. What sets us apart is a uniquely refined design intelligence, near future expertise and a team of ambitious, focused and proactive cross discipline creatives.
With growing studios in London and San Francisco, our clients span entertainment, culture, commercial and technology sectors.
- Role: Design Lead
- Reports to: Creative Director
- Location: Central London
- Contract: Full-time (40 hours/ week)
The Design Lead leads creative teams to deliver outstanding creative work in film, broadcast, games, brand and experiential productions
- Lead teams of artists and technicians to produce creative work of the exceptional standard with which Territory Studio has made its name. Working closely with artists throughout the life of projects, ensuring they understand the goals and deadlines for their work and bringing them back on track when required.
- Brief artists to ensure they understand the goals and deadlines for their work, inspiring them to produce excellent work and bringing them back on track when required.
- Work closely with a project’s producer to ensure that work is delivered within project deadlines and meets the client’s brief, both creatively and technically.
- Develop responses to creative briefs, including developing style frames and writing treatments.
- Work as a team with the other Leads, Art Directors, Supervisors and the Creative Director, to ensure that artists are assigned to projects appropriately.
- To help the Creative Director build and develop a multi-disciplinary creative team and act as a mentor to junior members, offering them coaching, training and feedback as necessary.
- Participate in client-facing meetings and calls, alongside producers, receiving feedback and offering creative advice as projects progress.
- Remain up-to-date with current creative trends and innovations in design, motion graphics and visual effects and apply these to Territory’s work.
- Comfortable presenting to clients, be that in pitches or in regular project progress and feedback sessions.
- Experience in developing successful responses to briefs, including style frames and writing treatments.
- Represent the studio as a project lead working with clients, external artists/technicians and vendors to ensure successful delivery of a project.
- Develop a culture of excellence around the creative use of techniques, software and technology.
- To help develop and enforce Territory processes and workflow across individual projects and the studio as a whole.
- As a key member of the studio, some of the important skills to have is great judgment and disposition towards ideas, brand building and creative strategy. The key personal attributes are a willingness to get involved, and a desire to continue learning.
- As an ambassador for Territory Studio, forge relationships with relevant technical communities, professional networks and educational institutions.
- Participate in departmental and company-wide meetings and events, as required.
- Proficient user of Adobe Creative Suite, Houdini, Arnold, Redshift, InDesign, Maya, Nuke, Cinema 4D, and 3D Studio Max, as appropriate.
- High-level written skills.
- Excellent people and team-working skills.
- Confident presenting to clients.
- Good knowledge of production pipeline, techniques and executions.
- Working knowledge of current creative trends and innovations in motion graphics.
YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE & WORK IN THE UK:
Territory Studio Ltd believes that a diverse workforce makes us a more creative and innovative business. We are committed to providing a workplace that welcomes and respects all people regardless of gender identity, sex, sexuality, disability, race, religion, background or belief. We welcome applications from people who are under-represented in our sector.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org