Territory Studio, based in London, is seeking a Freelance VFX Producer.
The VFX producer partners with the visual effects supervisor and creative director to lead the crew in fulfilling the client’s vision — on time and on budget while maintaining the highest quality of work. Primary responsibility is budget and schedule, in collaboration with the client and Territory management; and for managing the overall client relationship.
- ROLE: Freelance VFX Producer
- REPORTS TO: Head of Production (London)
- LOCATION: London
- Prepare bids, key dates schedule, and assumptions for the delivery of VFX and other motion graphics projects.
- Meet with clients to review scripts, breakdowns and storyboards for a specific project.
- Partner with key creatives to develop the approach for creating the effects work and provide clients with estimates of budget & schedule requirements needed to complete the work.
- During production, serve as principal client contact for non-creative issues, tracking and reporting progress of work, budgeting and negotiating cost of work, and delivering cost/schedule changes to ensure the client is updated as needed.
- Create, organise and maintain overall project schedule.
- Evaluate resources and book crew with Head of Production and Creative Director.
- Manage crew performance alongside Creative Director. Supervise assigned production staff.
- Estimate project budgets and initiate cost controls for each production.
- Evaluate GP and work with Head of Production to provide management with early, consistent, and accurate finance reporting.
- Manage on-set graphics work logistics, as required.
- Play a proactive key role in marketing Territory’s services to the industry.
- Share responsibility for the success of the entire Territory portfolio by proactively managing schedule; utilising Territory’s global resources and 3rd party partners, where appropriate.
- The role will likely require overtime and weekend work depending on show schedules.
- Travel for client meetings and/or shoots, as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in working as a VFX producer on Features within a Motion Graphics or VFX Studio.
- Experience in completing bids in a fast timeframe with accuracy and knowledge.
- Responsibility for delivery of small to large motion graphics/VFX projects.
- Client liaison and in-house artist management experience.
- Working with databases and file delivery platforms such as Shotgun, Cinesync and Aspera.
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages and project/finance management tools.
- Understanding of common digital image file formats and resolutions and prior exposure to Graphics/VFX Software.
- Budget management skills.
- Highly organised, with strong time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills that ensure an accurate and efficient flow of information.
- A flexible and collaborative disposition, able to work with a creative team towards a common goal.
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for design, digital imagery, cinema, and visual effects.
Salary based on experience. Immediate start. As Territory Studio is still a small business and therefore under the small business exemption of IR35, the studio is therefore exempt from liability for this booking. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE & WORK IN THE UK:
Territory Studio Ltd believes that a diverse workforce makes us a more creative and innovative business. We are committed to providing a workplace that welcomes and respects all people regardless of gender identity, sex, sexuality, disability, race, religion, background or belief. We welcome applications from people who are under-represented in our sector.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com