Territory Studio, an exciting and innovative creative studio specialising in design, VFX, motion graphics, and animation for films, games and interactive experiences, is looking for a mid-level CG Artist to to support the project leads in delivering projects to an exceptional standard under the supervision of department supervisors and art directors.
- ROLE: Mid-level CG Artist
- REPORTS TO: VFX Supervisor
- LOCATION: London
- CONTRACT: Full-time
- Taking asset and shot briefs from project leads and supervisors.
- Creating assets for environments shots and sequences.
- Working closely with lead artists and art directors on look development and concept.
- Work alongside compositors on a shot basis to ensure required assets are provided.
- Working with provided assets to ensure they are clean and modified for the studios requirements.
- Rigging and preparing assets for sequence in a clean and logical manor.
- Working with junior artists to ensure work is being conducted correctly for the needs of the project.
- Briefing junior artists on background asset creation and cleanup.
- Participate in dailies sessions, presenting work to supervisors and project leads for feedback.
- Working as a team to develop new ideas, concepts and techniques to push the studios work forward at all times.
- Participate in dailies sessions on a project basis to present work.
- Take briefs on work from leads and supervisors.
- Work with coordinators and producers to ensure deadlines are maintained and managed.
- Participate in departmental and company-wide meetings and events, as required.
- Assist in developing juniors within the team and aid them with best practice and technique.
Comfortable and experienced with all aspects of the Maya workflow, you should have a broad range of skills across a number of tasks from modelling, texturing and lookdev to rigging and animation; alongside a solid understanding of and experience with Substance for texturing and shading.
You should be comfortable with different render engines but particularly Arnold and Red Shift, and have an understanding of working in film colourspaces.
Additional experience of other software such as Z-Brush and Houdini would be an advantage.
YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE & WORK IN THE UK:
Territory Studio Ltd believes that a diverse workforce makes us a more creative and innovative business. We are committed to providing a workplace that welcomes and respects all people regardless of gender identity, sex, sexuality, disability, race, religion, background or belief. We welcome applications from people who are under-represented in our sector.
To apply for this position, please send your showreels/websites and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org