Territory Studio is a creative specialist with a unique approach to motion design, visual effects and digital experiences. Drawing on deep expertise of narrative design for film, games and brands, we blend creative with technology to create compelling content.
Working across diverse briefs, what ties our work together is a love of craft and creative, a passion for story and a designer’s eye for problem solving. What sets us apart is a uniquely refined design intelligence, near future expertise and a team of ambitious, focused and proactive cross discipline creatives.
With growing studios in London and San Francisco, our clients span entertainment, culture, commercial and technology sectors.
- ROLE: Motion Designer (Senior level)
- REPORTS TO: Art Director or Design Lead
- LOCATION: Remote / London
- CONTRACT: Full-time (40 hours/ week)
Senior Designers have a pivotal role to play in the studio as a lead on projects across multiple outputs. Upholding and helping to realise client briefs, creative concepts and internal direction they will work as part of the wider creative team across motion graphics, brand content, experiential, visual effects and screen graphics projects.
It is expected that they will deliver exceptional creative at the highest level for which Territory Studio has become known. The Senior Designer reports to the Art Director or Design Lead.
- To produce creative work of the exceptional standard with which Territory Studio has made its name.
- Have a portfolio of outstanding motion graphics work, a unique creative vision and point of view.
- Ability to work to a brief and under the direction of an Art Director, meeting deadlines and keeping within the scope of projects.
- To understand the goals for your work, daily tasks and deadlines.
- Working with and under the oversight of a Design Lead or Art Director to lead project teams throughout the day to ensure the clients and Art Directors feedback is being executed.
- Working closely with artists throughout the life of projects, ensuring they understand the goals and deadlines for their work and bringing them back on track when required.
- Brief artists where necessary to ensure they understand the goals and deadlines for their work, inspiring them to produce excellent work and bringing them back on track when required.
- Work closely with a project’s Design Lead, Art Director and Producer to ensure work is delivered within project deadlines and meets the client’s brief, both creatively and technically.
- Confident working alone as well as in a team. Able to organise own time well in order to keep projects on track and meet deadlines.
- Develop responses to creative briefs. Helping the senior team work up style frames and form creative treatments and then present that treatment to the Art Director, Creative Director or wider team where required.
- Work as a team with other designers, participating in departmental meetings and creative activities, as required.
- Ability to interpret feedback, whether from Art Director, producers or clients, and make changes to creative work in response to this feedback. Offer insights, options and ideas to keep projects moving forwards.
- Help to enforce Territory’s workflow and processes, educating and supporting other team members and freelancers whenever needed.
- Remain up-to-date with current creative trends and innovations in motion graphics and apply these to Territory’s work.
- Ensure tasks are completed on time and actively seek to help the team where possible.
- Participate in departmental and company-wide meetings and events, as required.
- Proficient user of Adobe Creative Suite, Houdini, Arnold, Redshift, InDesign, Maya, Nuke, Cinema 4D, and 3D Studio Max, as appropriate.
- High-level written skills.
- Excellent people and team-working skills.
- Confident presenting to clients.
- Good knowledge of production pipeline, techniques and executions.
- Working knowledge of current creative trends and innovations in motion graphics.
YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE & WORK IN THE UK:
Territory Studio Ltd believes that a diverse workforce makes us a more creative and innovative business. We are committed to providing a workplace that welcomes and respects all people regardless of gender identity, sex, sexuality, disability, race, religion, background or belief. We welcome applications from people who are under-represented in our sector.
To apply for this position, please send your showreels/websites and CV to email@example.com