Territory Studio is looking for an experienced Executive Producer familiar with motion graphics and animation for commercials, brand experiences and branded content.
The Executive Producer will focus on generating new business, acquiring new clients and growing existing client relationships. They will possess a strong network of contacts among brands, working knowledge of agencies and production companies, and first-hand experience producing motion graphics and animation for high calibre clients. They will be the first port of call for new business inquiries from these sources and will personally bid and pitch on new work in collaboration with members of the Sales, Creative and Production teams.
- ROLE: Executive Producer, Brands & Technology
- REPORTS TO: Managing Director
- LOCATION: San Francisco
- CONTRACT: Full-time (40 hours/ week)
- Capture incoming business inquiries and ensure they are acted upon promptly.
- Develop existing studio clients and network of personal contacts to identify new business opportunities, in line with the studio’s growth plans and capabilities.
- Stay abreast of industry trends across several sectors, proactively identifying and acting upon potential future opportunities for the studio.
- Maintain consistent relationships with clients that yield repeat business. Secure retainers to increase visibility into future resource needs and financials.
- Lead on pitches, ensuring these are given the necessary resources and are completed within budgetary parameters.
- Generate bids for new business, ensuring rate cards and processes are in place to create bids quickly and accurately.
- Clarify briefs and job specs, and liaise between project producers, studio executives and Territory’s staff to generate accurate cost and resource estimates.
- Confirm new projects and manage handoff between Sales and Production staff to ensure that projects transition smoothly into production.
- Set standards for overall client experience, before, during and after projects, and ensure all members of the team deliver on them.
- Troubleshoot issues throughout the production process as a senior point of contact for clients and staff.
- Maintain oversight of P&L on active projects, making sure they operate within agreed margins.
- Represent Territory at industry and client events and play a proactive role in marketing Territory’s services to the industry.
- Maintain close contacts with studios, production companies and key industry players to track upcoming projects.
- Participate in internal sales meetings and the development of Territory Studios’ sales process, both for the San Francisco studio and globally.
- Contribute to a well-coordinated global sales pipeline through rigorous use of shared CRM tools. Keeping contacts and status of the sales pipeline updated in the CRM at all times.
- Meet with current and prospective clients. Consistently maintain key client relationships and follow up after project completion to ensure repeat business.
- Draft proposals, bids and script breakdowns, as required. Ensure they are internally approved and meet Territory’s high standards before sharing with clients.
- Attend and lead pitches and new business meetings. Develop a sales calendar for the San Francisco studio. Oversee sales trips to visit key clients and attend key events.
- Monitor project status and client satisfaction throughout the production process, in collaboration with the Creative Director and others.
- Collaborate closely with Executive Producers at Territory’s other studios to successfully engage with international clients and share work between the studios.
- Maintain a working understanding of gross profit on live projects and the wider company’s P&L.
Experience and skills:
- Minimum of 4+ year’s experience at a creative studio with 1+ years in a Senior Producer or Executive Producer role.
- Able to demonstrate a strong network of industry contacts across multiple industries/sectors.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills. Ability to work well under pressure and stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Team-oriented approach, able to collaborate effectively across a global group and secure wins for the company as a whole and not just the home studio.
- Proficiency using CRM platforms to coordinate sales pipeline across an international sales team.
- Effective negotiation and professional communication skills, plus client, people and team management skills.
- The ideal candidate will possess insight into more than one industry sector (e.g., brands, automotive, film & TV production, tech, videogames).
- Passion for world-class design, digital imagery and experiences.
- Account management experience a plus
YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE & WORK IN THE US:
Territory Studio Inc. believes that a diverse workforce makes us a more creative and innovative business. We are committed to providing a workplace that welcomes and respects all people regardless of gender identity, sex, sexuality, disability, race, religion, background or belief. We welcome applications from people who are under-represented in our sector.
The Company requires that all individuals working onsite, subject to certain limited exceptions, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations regarding this requirement.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: SF – EP Brands & Technology – (insert name)