The VFX Editor leads the Editorial department which serves as the key link between clients, in-house production teams, suppliers and other vendors, and the artists working on our projects. This includes work across film, broadcast, gaming and commercial clients.
- ROLE: VFX Editor
- REPORTS TO: Creative Director
- LOCATION: London
- CONTRACT: Full-time (40 hours/ week)
- Managing the internal edits of sequences and shots.
- Overseeing ingestion and processing of incoming client material.
- Conforming EDLs, projects and occasionally making plates.
- Interoperating tech specs to match client requests.
- Liaising with artists about workflow and shot details. Setting up projects with Pipeline and 2D Leads.
- Running client and internal screening room review sessions.
- Sending completed work to clients or other facilities.
- Creating in-house reels including annual company reels, showreels, technical breakdowns, and awards reels.
- Confident managing other editors across multiple projects.
- Help to enforce Territory’s workflow and processes, educating and supporting other team members and freelancers whenever needed.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience in an editorial environment, preferably in visual effects.
- Proven organisational experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience with Shotgun.
- General knowledge of VFX delivery formats.
- Basic understanding of colour science.
- Knowledge of Avid, Premiere, and Nuke.
- Experience with a variety of film and HD formats.
- Strong technical background and experience.
- A calm manner, patience, and a willingness to develop the technical I/O and Data facilities and processes of Territory Studio.
YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE & WORK IN THE UK:
Territory Studio Ltd believes that a diverse workforce makes us a more creative and innovative business. We are committed to providing a workplace that welcomes and respects all people regardless of gender identity, sex, sexuality, disability, race, religion, background or belief. We welcome applications from people who are under-represented in our sector.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com