Territory Studio is a creative specialist with a unique approach to motion design, visual effects and digital experiences. Drawing on deep expertise of narrative design for film, games and brands, we blend creative with technology to create compelling content.
Working across diverse briefs, what ties our work together is a love of craft and creative, a passion for story and a designer’s eye for problem-solving. What sets us apart is a uniquely refined design intelligence, near future expertise and a team of ambitious, focused and proactive cross discipline creatives.
Attracting talent from around the world, we have growing studios in London and San Francisco. Some of our most recent work includes No Time To Die, The Batman, Dune, Swan Song and Invasion.
Other specialist projects have been Ready Player One, Bladerunner, Mank, Ghost in the Shell, Marvel's Spider-man (Miles Morales) and so much more! Please take a look at our website for a much more in-depth view of the creative projects we have worked on.
Come and join an incredible team of collaborative, creative innovators and work with some of the best people from around the world, on possibly some of the most exciting projects that span across UI, Film, TV, Technology, Commercial, Games, VR, Experimental and Broadcast.
As a Senior Nuke Compositor, you will be working closely with both the VFX supervisor and the pipeline team to develop the Nuke department both creatively and technically. You will also be responsible for crew management, including overseeing the activities and capabilities of the compositing team, ensuring best practices are being carried out, mentoring, training and development of staff and identifying staff levels and needs.
ROLE: Senior Nuke Compositor
LOCATION: London (Hybrid working - 3 days in studio / 2 days at home)
CONTRACT: Full-time (40 hours/ week)
- To produce work of the exceptional standard with which Territory Studio has made its name. Working closely with artists throughout the life of projects, ensuring they understand the goals and deadlines for their work and bringing them back on track when required. Establish sequence looks for key visual effects shots.
- Support the training, development and mentorship of the more junior members of the comp team. Can at times be required to make Nuke templates, scripts and tools to help assist other artists.
- Collaborate with both the 3D and MGFX teams to establish methodologies and ensure best practices.
- Brief artists to ensure they understand the goals and deadlines for their work, inspiring them to produce excellent work and bringing them back on track when required.
- At times may be required to tech check shots and giving both creative and technical feedback when the Comp Sure is busy.
- Identity software or tools that can help further the efficiency of work carried out.
- Take responsibility for freelance VFX artists, helping get them set up and ensuring their work is of a high standard.
- Work closely with a project’s producer and/or coordinator to ensure that work is delivered within project deadlines and meets the client’s brief, both creatively and technically.
- Remain up-to-date with current creative trends in visual effects and apply these to Territory’s work.
- Develop a culture of excellence around the creative use of techniques, software and technology.
- To help develop and enforce Territory processes and workflow across individual projects and the studio as a whole.
- To oversee multiple projects and teams whilst still able to maintain a hands-on approach as and when required.
- As a key member of the studio, some of the important skills to have is great judgment and disposition towards ideas, brand building and creative strategy. The key personal attributes are a willingness to get involved, and a desire to continue learning. Participate in departmental and company-wide meetings and events, as required.
- At least 5+ years experience in compositing in Nuke Experience in leading mid to junior level compositors
- Strong aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and colour.
- Ability to thrive under pressure to meet deadlines, and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, organization and team awareness.
- Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins Basic knowledge of Python is a plus.
- A creative and collaborative problem solver Artistic ability to look-dev assets and sets.
- Excellent people and team-working skills. Confident presenting to clients.
- Good knowledge of production pipeline, techniques and executions. Working knowledge of current creative trends and innovations in visual effects.
YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE & WORK IN THE UK
Territory Studio Ltd believes that a diverse workforce makes us a more creative and innovative business. We are committed to providing a workplace that welcomes and respects all people regardless of gender identity, sex, sexuality, disability, race, religion, background or belief. We welcome applications from people who are under-represented in our sector.