Territory Studio is a creative specialist with a unique approach to motion design, visual effects and digital experiences. Drawing on deep expertise of narrative design for film, games and brands, we blend creative with technology to create compelling content.
Working across diverse briefs, what ties our work together is a love of craft and creative, a passion for story and a designer’s eye for problem-solving. What sets us apart is a uniquely refined design intelligence, near future expertise and a team of ambitious, focused and proactive cross discipline creatives.
Attracting talent from around the world, we have growing studios in London and San Francisco. Some of our most recent work includes No Time To Die, The Batman, Dune, Swan Song and Invasion.
Other specialist projects have been Ready Player One, Bladerunner, Mank, Ghost in the Shell, Marvel's Spider-man (Miles Morales) and so much more! Please take a look at our website for a much more in-depth view of the creative projects we have worked on.
Come and join an incredible team of collaborative, creative innovators and work with some of the best people from around the world, on possibly some of the most exciting projects that span across UI, Film, TV, Technology, Commercial, Games, VR, Experimental and Broadcast.
The Creative Director leads creative teams as devotees of their craft to deliver outstanding creative work in motion graphics, visual effects and digital experiences to create iconic masterpieces in motion design and VFX across Film, TV, Games and UI productions. The Creative Director is primarily accountable for maintaining, developing and elevating the creative work that leaves the studio.
ROLE: Creative Director
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
CONTRACT: Full-time (40 hours/ week)
- Day-to-day creative oversight of the San Francisco studio’s creative output, ensuring each project and deliverable meets the high standards of Territory Studio
- Act as key contact for clients on multiple projects, seeking out clarity on creative briefs, managing client expectations, and resolving any gaps in communication between the client and Territory’s teams
- Devising approaches, techniques, and crewing decisions to protect project margins through an optimal blend of commercial and creative rigor
- Building, directing and managing the studio’s creative teams, communicating and driving project scoping, strategy, and creative standards
- Play an active role in the development and career-pathing of studio talent, with a special emphasis on mentoring those early in their careers, plus retention of key talent
- Set individual targets (KPIs) for members of the creative team and participate in performance reviews, making recommendations for e.g., increases, changes in role and team composition
- Collaborate with other members of the studio’s leadership team (MD, HoP and Territory Studio executives) to optimize efficient creative processes and general working culture
- Ensure company vision, values and tone-of-voice are consistent and upheld across all activity -- through the creative process and communication in general -- both inside and outside of the studio
- Partner with the sales team (Executive Producer, Sales Manager) to Identify and pursue new business opportunities, in line with the studio’s sales and commercial growth strategy
- Participate in sales and marketing activities, attending client meetings, overseeing generation of assets for outreach campaigns, and keeping studio leadership team up to date on efforts to win work
- Seek out opportunities to promote the studio and Territory’s brand through social media, press and speaking engagements, etc.
- Exceptional written skills and the ability to expertly articulate creative concepts and ideas as a treatment in response to a brief.
- Confident presenting to, and managing, clients. Understanding the needs of the client and interpreting them into a working brief. Receiving and discussing feedback with a client in a way that is always positive and aimed at creative problem-solving.
- Excellent people and team-working skills. Able to collaborate with the rest of the creative leadership. To delegate tasks effectively, utilizing artists in a manner designed to play to their individual strengths resulting in the optimal outcome for the project and studio as a whole.
- High-level time management skills. Able to efficiently and effectively manage not only your time but that of your artists and teams.
- The ability to be decisive and act accordingly to overcome creative problems.
- Good knowledge of design and film production pipelines, techniques and execution.
- Working knowledge of current creative trends and innovations in motion graphics.
- Proficient user of relevant design software, Adobe Creative Suite and an understanding of Cinema 4D, Houdini, Arnold, Redshift, Nuke workflows as appropriate.
YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE US
Territory Studio requires that all individuals working onsite, subject to certain limited exceptions, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations regarding this requirement.