Territory Studio is a creative specialist with a unique approach to motion design, visual effects and digital experiences. Drawing on deep expertise of narrative design for film, games and brands, we blend creative with technology to create compelling content.
Working across diverse briefs, what ties our work together is a love of craft and creative, a passion for story and a designer’s eye for problem-solving. What sets us apart is a uniquely refined design intelligence, near future expertise and a team of ambitious, focused and proactive cross discipline creatives.
Attracting talent from around the world, we have growing studios in London and San Francisco. Some of our most recent work includes No Time To Die, The Batman, Dune, Swan Song and Invasion.
Other specialist projects have been Ready Player One, Bladerunner, Mank, Ghost in the Shell, Marvel's Spider-man (Miles Morales) and so much more! Please take a look at our website for a much more in-depth view of the creative projects we have worked on.
Come and join an incredible team of collaborative, creative innovators and work with some of the best people from around the world, on possibly some of the most exciting projects that span across UI, Film, TV, Technology, Commercial, Games, VR, Experimental and Broadcast.
The Design Lead leads creative teams to deliver outstanding creative work in film, broadcast, games, brand, and experiential productions.
ROLE: Design Lead
LOCATION: London (Hybrid working - 3 days in studio / 2 days at home)
CONTRACT: Full-time (40 hours/ week)
- Lead teams of artists and technicians to produce creative work of the exceptional standard with which Territory Studio has made its name. Working closely with artists throughout the life of projects, ensuring they understand the goals and deadlines for their work and bringing them back on track when required.
- Brief artists to ensure they understand the goals and deadlines for their work, inspiring them to produce excellent work and bringing them back on track when required.
- Work closely with a project’s producer to ensure that work is delivered within project deadlines and meets the client’s brief, both creatively and technically.
- Develop responses to creative briefs, including developing style frames and writing treatments.
- Work as a team with the other Leads, Art Directors, Supervisors and the Creative Director, to ensure that artists are assigned to projects appropriately.
- To help the Creative Director build and develop a multi-disciplinary creative team and act a mentor to junior members, offering them coaching, training and feedback as necessary.
- Participate in client-facing meetings and calls, alongside producers, receiving feedback and offers creative advice as projects progress.
- Remain up-to-date with current creative trends and innovations in design, motion graphics and visual effects and apply these to Territory’s work.
- Comfortable presenting to clients, be that in pitches or in regular project progress and feedback sessions.
- Experience of developing successful responses to briefs, including style frames and writing treatments.
- Represent the studio as a project lead working with clients, external artists/technicians and vendors to ensure the successful delivery of a project.
- Develop a culture of excellence around the creative use of techniques, software and technology.
- To help develop and enforce Territory processes and workflow across individual projects and the studio as a whole.
- Proficient user of Adobe Creative Suite, Houdini, Arnold, Redshift, InDesign, Maya, Nuke, Cinema 4D, and 3D Studio Max, as appropriate.
- High-level written skills.
- Excellent people and team-working skills.
- Confident presenting to clients.
- Good knowledge of production pipeline, techniques and executions.
- Working knowledge of current creative trends and innovations in motion graphics.
YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE & WORK IN THE UK
Territory Studio Ltd believes that a diverse workforce makes us a more creative and innovative business. We are committed to providing a workplace that welcomes and respects all people regardless of gender identity, sex, sexuality, disability, race, religion, background or belief. We welcome applications from people who are under-represented in our sector.