Territory Studio is a creative specialist with a unique approach to motion design, visual effects and digital experiences. Drawing on deep expertise of narrative design for film, games and brands, we blend creative with technology to create compelling content.
Working across diverse briefs, what ties our work together is a love of craft and creative, a passion for story and a designer’s eye for problem-solving. What sets us apart is a uniquely refined design intelligence, near future expertise and a team of ambitious, focused and proactive cross discipline creatives.
Attracting talent from around the world, we have growing studios in London and San Francisco. Some of our most recent work includes No Time To Die, The Batman, Dune, Swan Song and Invasion.
Other specialist projects have been Ready Player One, Bladerunner, Mank, Ghost in the Shell, Marvel's Spider-man (Miles Morales) and so much more! Please take a look at our website for a much more in-depth view of the creative projects we have worked on.
Come and join an incredible team of collaborative, creative innovators and work with some of the best people from around the world, on possibly some of the most exciting projects that span across UI, Film, TV, Technology, Commercial, Games, VR, Experimental and Broadcast.
The VFX Producer partners with the VFX Supervisor and Creative Director to lead the crew in fulfilling the client’s vision — on time and on budget, while maintaining highest quality of work.
Primary responsibility is budget and schedule, in collaboration with the client and Territory management; and for managing overall client relationship.
ROLE: VFX Producer (freelance)
REPORTS TO: Head of Production
LOCATION: Hybrid or remote
· Meet with clients to review scripts, breakdowns and storyboards for a specific project.
· Partner with key creatives to develop the approach for creating the effects work and provide clients with estimates of budget & schedule requirements needed to complete the work.
· Prepare bids, key dates schedule, and assumptions for the work of a specific project.
· During production, serve as principal client contact for non-creative issues, tracking and reporting progress of work, budgeting and negotiating cost of work, and delivering cost/schedule changes to ensure client is updated as needed.
· Create, organise and maintain overall project schedule.
· Evaluate resources and book crew with Head of Production and Creative Director.
· Manage crew performance on the project alongside Creative Director. Supervise assigned production staff.
· Estimate project budgets and initiate cost controls for each production.
· Evaluate GP and work with Head of Production to provide management with early, consistent, and accurate finance reporting.
· Work closely with VFX Supervisor, Executive Producer and Creative Director to accurately and efficiently bid new enquiries
· Manage on-set graphics work logistics, as required.
· The role may require overtime and weekend work depending on show schedules.
· Travel for client meetings and/or shoots, as required.
Key Skills & Experience:
· Experience working with Shotgrid, Cinesync, Aspera.
· Understanding of VFX workflows, and experience in an Art Department or with a Motion Graphics team.
· Excellent communication skills that ensure an accurate and efficient flow of information.
· Previous experience of planning large projects with artists, producers and clients.
· A flexible and collaborative disposition, able to work with a creative team towards a common goal.
· Highly organised, with strong time management skills.
· Understanding of common digital image file formats and resolutions and prior exposure to Graphics/VFX Software.
· Good knowledge of MS Office packages (incl Excel, Word and Project).
· Familiarity with and enthusiasm for design, digital imagery, cinema, and visual effects.
YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE US
Territory Studio Inc. believes that a diverse workforce makes us a more creative and innovative business. We are committed to providing a workplace that welcomes and respects all people regardless of gender identity, sex, sexuality, disability, race, religion, background or belief. We welcome applications from people who are under-represented in our sector.
The Company requires that all individuals working onsite in the US, subject to certain limited exceptions, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations regarding this requirement.