Territory Studio is a creative specialist with a unique approach to motion design, visual effects and digital experiences. Drawing on deep expertise of narrative design for film, games and brands, we blend creative with technology to create compelling content.
Working across diverse briefs, what ties our work together is a love of craft and creative, a passion for story and a designer’s eye for problem-solving. What sets us apart is a uniquely refined design intelligence, near future expertise and a team of ambitious, focused and proactive cross discipline creatives.
Attracting talent from around the world, we have growing studios in London and San Francisco. Some of our most recent work includes No Time To Die, The Batman, Dune, Swan Song and Invasion.
Other specialist projects have been Ready Player One, Bladerunner, Mank, Ghost in the Shell, Marvel's Spider-man (Miles Morales) and so much more! Please take a look at our website for a much more in-depth view of the creative projects we have worked on.
Come and join an incredible team of collaborative, creative innovators and work with some of the best people from around the world, on possibly some of the most exciting projects that span across UI, Film, TV, Technology, Commercial, Games, VR, Experimental and Broadcast.
The Compositing Supervisor oversees the studio’s compositing work and provides technical and artistic leadership for the team while working on feature film and commercial projects.
ROLE: Compositing Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Creative Director
LOCATION: London (Hybrid working - 3 days in studio / 2 days at home)
CONTRACT: Full-time (40 hours/ week)
Experience & Skills
- Measurable track record as a compositor, with a good technical understanding.
- Extensive professional experience with 2D for Feature Film — compositing, tracking, grading, rotoscopy, plate preparation, paint and clean up — and all general 2D techniques, image formats, photographic principles and image processing methods.
- Using Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Leading compositing teams of all sizes. Giving constructive feedback and inspiring teams to deliver great work.
- Strong artistic and technical leadership skills.
- Working in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines and even stricter creative standards.
- Setting standards and holding teams accountable for achieving these. Developing production methodologies and ensuring consistency.
- Working collaboratively with the Creative Director, VFX Supervisor and project leads.
- Supervising across multiple projects at once, when needed.
- Developing people, their skills and careers.
- Solving problems and continually innovating.
- Managing production workflow and pipeline.
- Participating in bids for current and future projects.
- Work with Creative Director, project lead and VFX Supervisor to plan creative approaches to upcoming shows.
- Setting up and distributing template scripts to the team in order to ensure a consistent and efficient pipeline.
- Guiding and giving feedback to the 2D team throughout the creative and technical process to deliver a high standard of work on time and within budget.
- Presenting to clients.
- Receiving and interpreting client feedback.
- Developing and training junior artists and building the compositing team.
YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE & WORK IN THE UK
Territory Studio Ltd believes that a diverse workforce makes us a more creative and innovative business. We are committed to providing a workplace that welcomes and respects all people regardless of gender identity, sex, sexuality, disability, race, religion, background or belief. We welcome applications from people who are under-represented in our sector.