- Role: Comp Lead
- Reports To: Creative Director
- Location: London
As a Comp Lead, you will be working closely with both the VFX supervisor and the pipeline team to develop the Nuke department both creatively and technically. You will also be responsible for crew management, including overseeing the activities and capabilities of the compositing team, ensuring best practices are being carried out, mentoring, training and development of staff and identifying staff levels and needs.
- Lead teams of artists to produce creative work of the exceptional standard with which Territory Studio has made its name. Working closely with artists throughout the life of projects, ensuring they understand the goals and deadlines for their work and bringing them back on track when required.
- Establishes sequence looks for key visual effects shots
- Manage the training, development and mentorship of your team
- Builds and maintain Nuke templates scripts and tools support artists
- Collaborate with both the 3D and MGFX teams to establish methodologies and ensure best practices.
- Brief artists to ensure they understand the goals and deadlines for their work, inspiring them toproduce excellent work and bringing them back on track when required.
- Tech check shots and giving both creative and technical feedback
- Assist with bidding on new shows
- Perform day-to-day duties of a Senior Nuke artist and to Line Manage compositing staff with tasks such as reviews, performance management, and recruitment
- Identity software or tools that can help further the efficiency of work carried out
- Take responsibility for freelance VFX artists, helping get them set up and ensuring their work is of ahigh standard
- Work closely with a project’s producer to ensure that work is delivered within project deadlines and meets the client’s brief, both creatively and technically.
- Participate in client-facing meetings and calls, alongside producers, receiving feedback and offering creative advice as projects progress.
- Remain up-to-date with current creative trends in visual effects and apply these to Territory’s work.
- Develop a culture of excellence around the creative use of techniques, software and technology.
- To help develop and enforce Territory processes and workflow across individual projects and the studio as a whole.
- To oversee multiple projects and teams whilst still able to maintain a hands-on approach as and when required.
As a key member of the studio, some of the important skills to have is great judgment and disposition towards ideas, brand building and creative strategy. The key personal attributes are a willingness to get involved, and a desire to continue learning.
- Participate in departmental and company-wide meetings and events, as required.
- At least 5+ years experience in compositing in Nuke
- Experience in leading a team of compositors
- Strong aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and colour.
- Ability to thrive under pressure to meet deadlines, and with minimal supervision. Excellent communication skills, organization and team awareness
- Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins
- Basic knowledge of Python is a plus.
- A creative and collaborative problem solver
- Artistic ability to look-dev assets and sets
- Excellent people and team-working skills.
- Confident presenting to clients.
- Good knowledge of production pipeline, techniques and executions.
- Working knowledge of current creative trends and innovations in visual effects
YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE & WORK IN THE UK:
Territory Studio Ltd believes that a diverse workforce makes us a more creative and innovative business. We are committed to providing a workplace that welcomes and respects all people regardless of gender identity, sex, sexuality, disability, race, religion, background or belief. We welcome applications from people who are under-represented in our sector.
To apply for this position, please send your showreels/websites and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org