Territory Studio is a creative specialist with a unique approach to motion design, visual effects and digital experiences. Drawing on deep expertise of narrative design for film, games and brands, we blend creative with technology to create compelling content.
Working across diverse briefs, what ties our work together is a love of craft and creative, a passion for story and a designer’s eye for problem solving. What sets us apart is a uniquely refined design intelligence, near future expertise and a team of ambitious, focused and proactive cross discipline creatives.
With growing studios in London and San Francisco, our clients span entertainment, culture, commercial and technology sectors
- ROLE: Head of VFX
- REPORTS TO: Executive Creative Director
- LOCATION: Central London
- CONTRACT: Full-time (40 hours/ week)
The Head of VFX oversees the VFX department craft to deliver outstanding creative work in visual effects and to create iconic masterpieces across all areas of the studio output from feature film to commercial. The Head of VFX is primarily accountable for maintaining, developing and elevating the creative work that leaves the VFX department. The role encompasses three key areas:
- Tech / Process / Workflow
- Team / Recruitment
- Work / Client Management / New Business / Creative (input where needed)
Oversight of Department
- Maintain and elevate creative caliber
- Process / Methodologies / Best working practices
- Develop and build creative team, oversight of recruitment
- Creative Mentorship – Manage the Creative team – reporting structure / development / mentorship
- Maintain and develop Territory creative culture and USP
- Support and coordinate the Supervisors
- Build project teams and ensure projects are setup in the correct way
- Advise on optimal Creative resource allocation
Oversight of creative/commercial agenda
- Development of product set
- New Business / Bidding
- Building client relationships
- Liaise between Creative, Sales and Marketing teams
- Continued growth / development of team
- Future-proofing the VFX department with current and future software / workflow
BREAKDOWN OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversight of the creative output.
- To drive the Territory USP – Our unbeatable reputation for captivating global audiences with iconic masterpieces.
- To constantly strive to elevate the creative calibre of the studio. To push the boundaries both internally and externally and surpass our clients’ expectations.
- To utilize talent, technology and innovation to enrich the creative process.
- To support and guide Supervisors where needed.
- To structure a pragmatic project workflow based upon best working practices and Territory process.
- To understand the commercial implications of a projects resources, budget and timeline across the department and wider studio.
- To work with supervisors and production on the commercial viability of the creative approach and delivery of projects.
- To champion and develop the Territory Studio VFX proposition.
- Work alongside the Executive Producers across new business opportunities within the creative sector.
- Attend new client meetings alongside Sales team and/or Production.
People / Talent / Team
- To inspire and motivate the team.
- To develop the talent within the creative team, feeding in and guiding individuals development plans wherever necessary.
- To manage the Supervisors as direct reports, including annual reviews, KPI’s and salary reviews.
- To be mindful and responsible for the mental well-being of artists and teams based upon project management.
- To support recruitment, working with the Recruitment Manger to ensure the best new talent continues to flow into the studio.
- To collaborate with and work closely alongside the rest of the creative leadership team.
YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE & WORK IN THE UK:
Territory Studio Ltd believes that a diverse workforce makes us a more creative and innovative business. We are committed to providing a workplace that welcomes and respects all people regardless of gender identity, sex, sexuality, disability, race, religion, background or belief. We welcome applications from people who are under-represented in our sector.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com