Territory Studio, an exciting creative studio specialising in film & TV VFX, motion graphics, animation, and digital experiences, is looking for a Lead Artist to work in our San Francisco studio. The Lead Artist reports to the Creative Director.
- ROLE: Lead Artist
- REPORTS TO: Creative Director
- LOCATION: San Francisco
- CONTRACT: Full-time (40 hours/ week)
We have a vacancy for an experienced lead artist. The successful candidate will have an impressive portfolio of creative work but also experience of leading and guiding teams of artists on projects. Although not the main focus of the role, a good technical understanding of workflows and pipelines, is desirable.
Working across diverse briefs, what ties our work together is a love of craft and creative, a passion for story and a designer’s eye for problem solving. What sets us apart is a uniquely refined design intelligence, near future expertise and a team of ambitious, focused and proactive cross discipline creatives.
With growing studios in London and San Francisco, our clients span entertainment, culture, commercial and technology sectors.
With expertise across film, games and brand, Territory Studio bridges Hollywood and
Silicon Valley, melding entertainment, technology and experience. We create visual
effects, motion graphics, animation and VR/AR experiences for feature films, games,
automotive and more. Our credits include films such as Avengers Endgame, Blade Runner 2049, Ready Player One and Ghost in the Shell.
• Previous experience working in films, games, commercials or broadcast
• Proven experience in both design and motion design 2D and 3D
• Attention to detail, ambitious and professional
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Cinema 4D, required; Maya and Nuke, a plus
•Produce creative work of exceptional standard while leading less experienced artists.
• Brief artists to ensure they understand the goals and deadlines for their work; lead by example, inspiring them to produce excellent work; and monitor the creative process to ensure the work meets the client expectations.
• The Lead Artist will oversee as well as execute multiple projects supported by the Creative Director
• Work with the Creative Director, to ensure that artists and teams are assigned to projects appropriately.
• Hold daily check-ins with creative and production team to ensure projects are on track
• Give feedback on day-to-day creative work, ensuring only the best work leaves the studio
• Interpreting client feedback into effective direction
• Be a mentor to junior members of the creative team, offering them coaching, training and feedback as necessary
• Work closely with project Producers to ensure that work is delivered within project deadlines and meets the clients brief, both creatively and technically.
• Develop responses to creative briefs, including developing style frames and writing treatments as well as work with Producers on scoping new projects.
• Participate in client-facing meetings and calls, alongside producers, receiving feedback and offering creativeadvice as projects progress.
• Remain up-to-date with current creative trends and innovations in motion graphics
• Support the recruitment process for the creative team within the studio.
YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE & WORK IN THE US:
Territory Studio Ltd believes that a diverse workforce makes us a more creative and innovative business. We are committed to providing a workplace that welcomes and respects all people regardless of gender identity, sex, sexuality, disability, race, religion, background or belief. We welcome applications from people who are under-represented in our sector.
Please send cover letter with links to reels to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title
the subject of your email: SF / Lead Artist – (insert name)